The IT Security Engineer must be a detail-oriented, proficient with security technologies and cloud environments, and who flourishes in a fast-moving and at times, high-pressure environments. We expect the IT Security Engineer to work with numerous business stakeholders, software developers and other technical staff. His/her responsibilities include upgrading and improving security environments, and providing technical support and training for users.
The IT Security Engineer should have good communication and collaboration skills, excellent analytical, problem-solving, and time-management skills, and familiar with data privacy and protection regulations. The IT Security Engineer must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the security infrastructure needs of multiple stakeholders, processes, products and systems.
The IT Security Engineer reports to the Head of IT Security and Infrastructure.
- Configuring and maintaining AWS security applications
- Configuring and maintaining Cloudflare security applications
- Monitoring these operating environments
- Responding effectively and speedily to any problems
- Ensuring operating environments stay safe and secure
- Updating any security software and hardware where necessary
- Keep Kapital DX data separated and secure with appropriate role-based access controls
- Documenting all reported security events and actions taken in response
- Providing training and support
- Liaising with the SOC – first primary contact with the SOC when security incidents occur
- Management of security incidents until their resolution and completion of the root-cause analysis report
- AWS security management for services such as IAM and Cognito
- AWS security management for key services such as CloudHSM, Key Management System, Secrets Manager
- Cloudflare security management
- AWS IAM and Cognito configuration and management
- AWS KMS and Secrets Manager configuration and management
- AWS CloudHSM configuration and management
- Cloudflare DDoS and WAF configuration and management
- 5 years and above experience in security engineer
- Experience in financial services (banking and/or capital markets) is an added advantage
- BSc. or MSc. in Computer Science, or equivalent