As the Head of Risk and Compliance at KLDX, you will be responsible for risk and compliance policies and processes for the Company. You will be providing hands-on development of risk models involving market, credit and operational risk, ensure controls are operating effectively, and provide research and analytical support. You will also be responsible for the overall conduct, oversight as well as the promotion of a good corporate culture and compliance with all applicable law, guidelines, policies, etc.
You will report directly to the Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee.
- Plan, design and implement an overall risk management process for the Company;
- Make risk assessments, which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business;
- Evaluate risk, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the Company such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors, and evaluate previous handling of risks;
- Establish and quantify the Company’s ‘risk appetite’ , i.e. the level of risk they are prepared to accept;
- Risk reporting tailored to the relevant audience;
- Undertake corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders;
- Carry out processes such as purchasing insurance, implementing health and safety measures, and making business continuity plans to limit risks;
- Conduct audits of policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with internal and external auditors;
- Maintain and administer the implementation of corporate governance policies, manuals and procedures as well as monitor, detect and prevent non-compliances;
- Ensure that appropriate governance framework and internal control systems are in place;
- Keep abreast and timely communication of changes to all employees on applicable legal regulatory requirements and relevant industry developments;
- Implement corporate governance processes and procedures in the Company;
- Cultivate a compliance culture including conduct compliance training to employees, assist functional heads to develop processes and procedures, etc;
- Facilitate all dealings with regulators;
- Provide support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the Company; and
- Advice on all compliance related matters.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 12 years working experience in a risk and compliance role with an asset management, banking, financial institution and/or regulatory environment;
- Additional qualification in compliance or audit, or relevant training undertaken with a regulator, will be an added advantage
- Understanding of anti-money laundering and counter terrorism financing system;
- Understanding of personal data protection requirements and measures;
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in dealing with the regulators and are able to demonstrate an understanding of regulatory expectations in compliance work
- Good analytical skills and an eye for detail;
- Planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to understand broader business issues;
- Possesses good communication skills both in written and verbal form; and
- Degree in law, business, management, economics, finance or equivalent.