The Blockchain and Full-Stack Developer will design, develop, test and deploy all application modules in the entire KLDX Platform application stack (both on-chain and off-chain application modules).
The Blockchain and Full-Stack Developer is an experienced application developer (with 5 years or more in related experience) who has the capability and skills to design, develop, test and deploy both back-end application modules as well as front-end application modules.
In addition, very critically, the Blockchain and Full-Stack Developer also has experience developing smart-contracts on the blockchain, in particular Solidity based smart-contracts on the Ethereum or EVM-compatible blockchain. As this is a more senior role and position, the Blockchain and Full-Stack Developer will also support the CTO in the area of the KLDX Platform application architecture and innovation. Data storage optimization and security also comes under the Blockchain and Full-Stack Developer’s remit, which requires him/her to have a good knowledge and experience with database design and data security as well, in order to ensure that the operational and transactional database schema is optimal and secure for and when processing production transactional application loads.
The Blockchain and Full-Stack Developer is also very conversant with blockchain data-structures as well as with the relevant ERC standards such as ERC20 and ERC1404, as well as deeply understand blockchain protocols such as consensus mechanisms, layer 2 scaling, cross-chain interoperability, decentralised liquidity management and cryptographic standards.
The Blockchain and Full-Stack Developer will report to the CTO. For the duration of the project development phase of the KLDX Platform, the Blockchain and Full-Stack Developer will report to the Project Manager and Scrum-Master.
- Help drive the design, development, testing and deployment of all current platform application modules (on-chain smart-contracts, back-end application modules, front-end application modules and integrations);
- Help drive the design, development, testing and deployment of new application modules supporting new features and functionalities for the entire IEO Platform application stack (on-chain smart-contracts, back-end application modules, front-end application modules and integrations);
- Ensure that the developed smart-contract code-base meets internal security standards and practices as well as related regulatory requirements, both at the design stage as well as the development stage;
- Perform internal security audits of smart-contract code;
- Perform remediation and fixes of smart-contract code based on recommendation after an external code security audit;
- Ensure that the developed off-chain code-base meets internal security standards and practices as well as related regulatory requirements, both at the design stage as well as the development stage;
- Perform troubleshooting, remediation and fixes of off-chain code on/after discovery of application bugs in the code;
- Ensuring that the code-base and platform application stack is modular to support micro-services implementations and also to support feature and functional flexibility in order to quickly support new business and process requirements;
- Understanding partner SDKs and API specifications in order to implement the required application integration between the KLDX Platform and the partner’s platform;
- Build highly performant internal libraries (primarily node.js based) for use and re-use by the entire development team;
- Designing and developing code for the KLDX Platform’s Back-end API layer to ensure that the Back-end API layer optimally supports the KLDX Platform’s Front-end applications as well as the third-party applications, service providers and partners;
- Designing and developing the Back-end API layer so that it can scale and allow partners to be able to optimally connect to the KLDX Platform via a rich set and suite of pre-built webhooks;
- Perform code reviews of the code written by the less senior developers and provide guidance post-review;
- Assist the Head of Applications and CTO to identify risks and opportunities for existing development activities as well as planned future development activities;
- Staying updated be in the forefront of new emerging technological trends and developments in the area of off-chain application development (front-end, back-end and data repositories);
- Staying updated and be in the forefront of new emerging technological trends and developments in the area of on-chain application development (smart-contract development, blockchain, consensus protocols, cross-chain integrations, layer 2 scaling, etc.);
- Assist and support DevOps engineering by developing code or scripts for automated testing;
- Design and support implementation of the operational and transactional databases; and
- Support and assist the CTO or Head of Applications or the Scrum Master in Sprint or Epic planning sessions.
- Expert in Node.js;
- Experienced with server-side frameworks such as Nest.js;
- Experienced with server-side rendering tools such as Next.js;
- Fluent in scripting languages such as PHP, Ruby and Python;
- Very experienced with RDBMS such as SqlLite, MySQL and MS SQL Server;
- Familiar with Middleware and ESB solutions such as Redis and RabbitMQ;
- Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processors, such as LESS and SASS
- Experience with CI/CD solutions such as GitLab;
- Experience with code repositories and version control, ie. Git;
- Excellent knowledge of Web-Socket and REST based APIs and web services;
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform;
- Proficient understanding of security principles;
- Must be proficient in writing SQL queries and optimising SQL queries;
- Must have a good understanding of data structures and relational schemas;
- Proficient in writing reporting logic;
- Good problem-solving skills;
- High attention to detail;
- Good analytical thinking;
- Excellent communication;
- Ability to work well as part of a team;
- Ability to work within an agile, fast-paced, collaborative environment and able to handle multiple projects; and
- Interested in learning new technologies, creative, open-minded and an excellent team player.
Experience and Qualifications:
- At least 3 years of full-stack development experience;
- Experience in Agile Development is mandatory;
- Experience in financial services (banking and/or capital markets) is an added advantage;
- Experience with blockchain, DLT and Defi is an added advantage; and
- Degree or masters’ in computer science, or equivalent.